Recipes from traditional and also a bit innovative

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Panada




8-9 slices of fine rye bread
1,5 l of water
2dl of sugar
3-4 piece of clove
2dl of raisins
2tsp of lemon juice
Serve with milk or sour cream

Put the slices of bread to the oven and toast them from both side for 5 minute in 225C.
Then put the bread to the pot where you add also the water and boil it 3-4 minutes. When it's boiled then rub it through sieve. Put it back to the pot, add clove, sugar and raisins and heat near boiling point. Then add the lemon juice mix it and let it cool down. Serve with cold milk or sour cream.

2 comments:

Helen said...

This is definitely one of my favorite deserts. and oh how I miss it here :) ... main reason is that it uses as one of ingredients Estonian black bread. It is often also called bread soup. The taste is sweet and sour. oh, so tasty.

merlin said...

I have to say I agree with everything Helen as said here before me.